06 Jan Summary of “Trend Watch: 13 Kitchen Looks Expected to Be Big in 2015.”
Before making any final decisions about remodeling your kitchen or building one from scratch, you owe it to yourself to find out what styles will be trending this year. This is why we’re attracted to this article at Houzz.com, Trend Watch: 13 Kitchen Looks Expected to Be Big in 2015. We recommend that you select one of a kind Grabill cabinets to create the kitchen that will be your pride and joy for years to come.
Three designers share their thoughts on what looks, finishes and design elements will be on trend in the year ahead. Here’s what they think:
- Furniture-style design features. Furniture-style cabinetry will be one of the top trends in 2015. This type of cabinetry will focus attention on the kitchen as the hub of the home — the warm, welcoming place the whole family can enjoy.
- Airy (and user-friendly), open shelving. In 2015, designers are expected to capitalize on the trend toward using open shelving as a practical solution for kitchen space, rather than simply for display. Open shelving personalizes the space, making it feel lived in and warm, while keeping the kitchen functional and easy to use.
- Wallpaper that wows. Incorporating wallpaper into the kitchen to add interest and character will be another major trend. Wallpaper adds visual impact, complements the architectural elements throughout the kitchen and adds a beautiful contrast.
- Modern traditional style. Because homeowners are shunning ultrasleek, contemporary kitchens in favor of spaces that are warm and reflect homeowners’ tastes, designs in 2015 will marry modern and traditional elements. This trend will affect everything from cabinet design to colors, materials and textures.
- Ceilings that make you look up. In 2015, more emphasis is expected to go into ceiling design — in terms of shape, features and the use of lighting, bulkheads or coffer ceilings and other classic embellishments.
- Luxe metallics. While silver, chrome and stainless steel are commonly used in the kitchen, in 2015, warmer metals like gold, copper and bronze are expected to be incorporated a lot more. The texture and gleaming finish of these metallics will provide a stunning accent to most palette choices.
- Touch-me textures. With a move toward using more textured and tactile materials, 2015 will see more natural wood, natural marble and granite in honed finishes, as well as engineered stones that replicate raw finishes.
- Beautiful black. You guessed it: Black will be one of the “it” colors in kitchen design in 2015, because black makes a strong, sleek statement.
- Minimal wall cabinets. One prediction for 2015 is that there will be a rise in open-plan kitchens with fewer wall cabinets. This will enhance the room’s sense of spaciousness, and draw increased attention to features like windows.
- Repetitive patterns. A move away from geometric patterns and toward elegant, repetitive motifs will be a trend in the new year. These repetitive patterns are expected to take shape in the form of laser-cut plywood or steel panels, wall coverings, door inserts and tiles.
- Tribal-inspired tones. Vibrant, attention-grabbing hues will make a comeback in the kitchen in 2015. Color tones will likely shift to echo the diversity of nature, with inspiration drawn from the rich, bold Moroccan and Native American palettes.
- Vertical-joint wood paneling. Another trend that will increase in popularity in is V-joint wood paneling. It’s an eye-catching way to introduce detail to a space, enlivening an expanse of one color and use angles to bring a little movement to surfaces.
- Shaker style. The simple, timeless, classic Shaker-inspired kitchens will be particularly popular in 2015. This trend will resonate with people who like to keep things traditional and appreciate the textural beauty of wood.
Whether you decide to hire an architect, designer, builder or contractor, make sure your new kitchen cabinets are from Grabill, manufacturers of cabinets that help you achieve the looks and lifestyle that fit you. Use our Dealer Locator to find a local dealer. If you need inspiration, please view our gallery or download our brochure.